Chipotle peppers are dried, smoked jalapenos. Chipotles are sold dried, pickled and canned in adobo sauce. Look for them at Wal-Mart Supercenters, Fresh Market and Hispanic grocery stores.
Yield: 4 servings.
12 oz. green lettuce mix
1 small jicama, peeled and cut into strips
1 small can of cactus strips
1/2 lb. cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1/2 of a small red onion, cut into slices
1/2 of a red bell pepper, cut into slices
1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 avocado, peeled and cut into slices
House ranch dressing:
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup each: sour cream and buttermilk
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp each:
lemon juice, white vinegar and freshly minced garlic
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1/8 tsp each: ground cumin, pepper, tarragon, ground oregano and ground basil
1 tsp each chopped: fresh parsley and chipotle pepper
3 tsp cilantro
Milk as needed
1. For dressing, combine all liquid ingredients in a bowl, whipping at medium speed until smooth. Add dry ingredients and mix well (you may add milk to obtain desired texture). Refrigerate until ready to serve.
2. In bowl, toss salad ingredients. Add dressing to taste.
The [[Mexico]] Pavilion is part of the World Showcase within the Epcot theme park in [[Walt Disney World]] in [[Lake Buena Vista, Florida]].
The structure of the Mexico pavilion was designed by architect and structural engineer [[Arturo Dulzaides]] in 1984. It resembles a [[Mesoamerican pyramid]]. The nightly fireworks show "Illuminations" is controlled from a window atop the building. The window is barely visible from street level, but can be seen at an angle.
Visitors enter through a display of Mexican artwork, the "Animales Fantasticos" art collection. The main room is the home to a twilight-lit Mexican marketplace, Plaza de los Amigos. At the edge of the plaza, a restaurant, ''San Angel Inn'', overlooks an indoor lagoon. To the side of the plaza, a boarding area leads to a boat ride, [[Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros]] (formerly [[El Rio del Tiempo]]).
* '''Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros''' (2007 - present)
* '''El Rio del Tiempo (The River of Time)''' (1982 - 2007), a slow boat ride through Mexico.
* '''San Angel Inn''' is modeled after a hacienda that dates back to 1692. Disney Dining. "Step into an authentic Old Mexico-style rancho to experience the warmth and hospitality that make this restaurant, modeled after a hacienda that dates back to 1692, a landmark in any world." http://disney-dining.blogspot.com/2006/09/ensalada-de-la-casa-at-epcots-san.html
* '''Cantina de San Angel''' is a counter-service fast-food establishment which serves food such as tacos, burritos, nachos, and churros.
* '''Mariachi Cobre'''